I....Why would anyone not like to laugh?
- "My ribs are fucking broken! Ow. Shit. Ow."
- "I don’t like how it makes me look. Someone took a picture once where I was laughing and my mouth was wide open and I had all these wrinkles. Nothing’s that funny."
- "My gods forbid it."
- "It’s not done in my family. I was ten before I knew other people don’t think it's the equivalent of pissing on the carpet."
- "The doctors say if I ever laugh even once I shall probably die."
- "The last time I laughed something happened. There was a small child involved. I don’t want to talk about it. Right now I’m not even allowed to."
- "My father was a clown. He drank and he was always 'practicing his material.' He’s been gone ten years and I can still hear him: C’mon! That was funny, Boy, laugh!"