- The smell
- The secret room in back where, if you know somebody, they let you stash other peoples’ horrid children.
- The ghostly procession of Civil War soldiers that rides through every public library east of the Mississippi each Wednesday at 2 a.m.
- They let me sleep there.
- They way the poetry books swoon out of the cases if they think you might pick them up and read them.
- The basement. If you joined your local Friends of the Library you might find out what I’m talking about.
- An adult-sized ball pit helps.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
"Seven Things that Make a Library Good"
(don't remember where I got this prompt)